Since 1972 - 50 Years Of Togetherness
This is a one week program for the sports minded camper. Our All-Sport Camp is a residential camp where we offer a wide variety of sports in a non-competitive environment. The program is designed for campers who have completed grade 3 (entering grade 4) to completed grade 11 (entering grade 12).
We aim for our activities to be well balanced. Campers travel as a cabin group to four 1.25-hour activity periods each day on land and on water. Fifth period is a special period of the day when campers specialize in an activity of their choice.
Our activity facilities and equipment are first rate and provide the venue for the development of athletic and social skills.
Team work, camaraderie and social integration in a sports environment is what you can expect at All-Sports Camp!
Campers are grouped by gender and age. Individual attention is offered to all campers with ample time devoted to competitive play. A recreational swim will be offered daily.
The All-Sport program is supplemented by a well-planned social and evening program providing all participants with an enriched camping experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Participation requires that each camper completes and passes a basic standardized swim test.
Our All-Sport Staff are an outstanding collection of counsellors, excellent athletes in their own right, who work positively with young people. More importantly, all staff will possess the skills to work effectively with all children, regardless of ability, to ensure a positive and successful camp experience for everyone.
Staff will participates in pre-camp training that will work towards improving their own leadership skills and make sure that our techniques regarding the care of your child is consistent, motivating and fun-filled!
Madawaska strives for a fun and wide balance of activities, so that there’s something for every athletes taste and skills. Four 1.25-hour periods each day take cabin groups through a rotating series of activities, on land and water. Our top facilities and trained specialists allow athletes to develop new skills in many different sports such as:
We welcome campers for Court who have completed grade 6 to completed grade 10 (going into grade 7 to going into grade 11) and campers for Beach who have completed grade 7 to completed grade 10 (going into grade 8 to going into grade 11).
Campers will register for either our beach or court camp, and will be placed in grade-based groups. They practice and live in these groups, and by week’s end, they are a “team” with their new friends having planned and worked together.
NOTE: individuals who have completed grade 11 (going into grade 12) should consider applying to be a C.I.T.)
Our court camp is conducted on grass (with an eye toward safety) while our beach camp is conducted on our custom-built sand courts.
All participants will receive expert instruction in advanced volleyball skills and strategies. Individual attention will be offered to all campers, and time will be devoted to team competitions.
Beach registrants should have a strong court volleyball playing background and some beach experience.
Volleyball activities are supplemented by a well-planned recreational program utilizing one of the finest camp facilities in North America. These activities include swimming, camp fires, a Hootenanny, Tournament Day, Opening Ceremonies, and “Togetherness.”
Campers will have an opportunity to see friends in other cabins at meals, during planned social activities, and during free time.
Madawaska staff return year after year with many of our staff being 15 and 20 year veterans. There is a camaraderie and sense of belonging that ignites in all who attend.
After a week, you will leave Madawaska, as thousands before you have, with improved skills, new acquaintances, and an increased passion for the sport of Volleyball! Come join the Madawaska family!
Our Leaders-In-Training (LIT) program is specifically designed for those campers who have completed grade 10 or grade 11 (going into grade 11 or 12).
LITs will stay in their own programs but still have the full camp experience while working with our LIT Coordinator to hone their leadership skills.
In addition to participating in camp activities, specialty programs, and evening electives, the LITs will get hands on experience through placements in cabins and specialty areas.
The best of both worlds! A one-week All-Sport program for the sports minded camper, with a specialty focus for volleyball positional play.
All-Sport Specialty campers will enjoy a week on our incredible property and will take part in some traditional All-Sport activities such as Evening Electives and The Olympiad.
They will, however, spend the majority of their day on the volleyball court where they will be instructed by our talented and highly qualified Volleyball Specialists and Counsellors.
Unlike Madawaska’s Volleyball Camp, this Specialty Camp will have a specific focus on individual contacts by position within a volleyball rally.
Campers will also receive individualized feedback on their skills, as well as instruction on fitness and nutrition.
Each of our volleyball Specialty Camps focusses on a specific contact within a volleyball rally. Our Setters & Liberos Camp spends its time on the first and second contacts. Our Attackers & Blockers Camp practices the third contact.
Campers in both camps will still practice the other aspects of the game. Occasoinally, the campers from both camps will come together to practice their skills in game-like situations.
Speciality campers will spend one “period” per day enjoying the facilities either on the waterfront or participating in another activity such as Yoga or a Canoe Trip.
These Specialty camp are currently only being offered to campers who have completed grade 8 or grade 9 (going into grade 9 or 10).
• we are planning on four cabins (two male and two female) with fourteen campers per cabin.
• we plan on adding more cabins in the future as the demand for this programme (hopefully) increases.
• since there will only be two cabins per gender, it was important that we keep the ages of the campers similar for social reasons.
• this is the age in club volleyball (15U and 16U) where specialization begins to occur.
• the focus will be on court volleyball, but the skills learned will translate to both beach and court.
• the coaching will happen on our 9X9 grass courts and/or our Sport Courts.
• the cabins will be grouped by gender, then by age.
• cabins will have both setters and liberos so they can train together.
• yes, while these specialty campers will focus on volleyball, they will participate in all other aspects of All-Sport camp including Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Olympiad, Evening Electives and Togetherness.
• We consider them to be All-Sport campers with the difference being that they won’t rotate through the sports but will instead remain on their volleyball court.
• of the four All-Sport periods, these campers will be participating in Volleyball training during periods 1, 3 and 4.
• they will share the same free time as their All-Sport friends, including access to the waterfront.
• during period 2, they will move as a cabin to an off-court period which could include fitness, yoga, mindfulness, of a fun elective run by a counsellor such as waterfront time.
• at times, campers from both specialty camps will work together in game-like drills.
• the coaching will be designed and delivered by one Specialist from our Leadership Team.
• each cabin will have two counsellors who will be experienced volleyball players – they will assist in the delivery of the drills.
All-Sport - $1100
All-Sport Specialty: Setters and Liberos - $1100
All-Sport Specialty: Attackers and Blockers - $1100
All-Sport Specialty: Leaders-In-Training - $900
Volleyball: Court - $1300
Volleyball: Beach - $1300
Both Weeks - $2000
All campers receive a free camp t-shirt at registration.
All camps require a $250 deposit
All fees are subject to HST
Register before January 1 and receive a $50 credit at our Tuck Shop.
Save when you register the same camper for two consecutive one-week sessions using discount code:
LITTWOWEEKERS for LITs or
TWOWEEKERS for all other two-week campers.
Our two-week program includes accommodations, meals, and supervision during the day and night between camps.
Multiple Sibling Discount
This discount of $35 (+HST) is applied to the second and subsequent siblings in a family.
On or before May 1: Full refunds issued, “no questions asked”
After May 1: A $250 cancellation fee will apply
Should any cancellations arise (related to any or all discounts), the discounts will become null and void and the family will be expected to pay the difference.